It is already known the BWM Convention will enter in force on 8th September 2017. This is the consequence that the conditions for initiating entry into force were met on 8th September 2016.
Implementation deadline for BWMS, according to IMO Resolution A.1088(28) and MEPC 69:
|Keel laid||Ballast water capacity||Implementation deadline for BWMS|
|Before 8 September 2017||All vessels (*)||By the first renewal survey associated with the IOPP Certificate after 8 September 2017|
|On or after 8 September 2017||All vessels (*)||By the completion date of the construction|
(*) : Surveys and certifications only for vessels of 400GT or more, excluding Floating platforms, FSU and FPSO.
By the 8th of September 2017 all ships are required to:
- carry on board a Ballast Water Management Plan approved by the Administration;
- carry on board a Ballast Water Record Book;
- manage their ballast water on every voyage by:
- performing ballast water exchange; or
- treating ballast using a type-approved ballast water treatment system
- carry on board an International Ballast Water Management Certificate
Medea is capable to assist you on each aspect related to BWM.
For more details and assistance, contact us:
- 24/7 telephone: +39.3184.108.40.206
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org