Medea has supported the neo-Marine Engineer Fabio Viparelli, who has taken part of the technical dept team for a period of University’s internship, in the realization of his master thesis regarding the design of a Service Operation Vessel for Wind farm operations support.
The thesis has been successfully debated by Fabio in the 24 October 2018 in the University of Naples Federico II, and focused in particular on:
- Definition of preliminary dimensions and weights;
- Design of a lines plan of the hull and power prediction;
- Choice of propellers, transverse thrusters and design of the power distribution system;
- Verification of the Vessel’s Station keeping capability and elaboration of DP Capability plots;
- Design of capacity plan, General Arrangement and Intact and Damage Stability studies;
- Design of structures, respecting the RINA rules for ships and other main requirements;
- Design of helideck steel structures and optimization studies by FEA technics.
The Station keeping capability studies and the helideck design have aroused particular interest on the university’ graduation commission, composed by Senior Marine Engineers and Professors, for the studied innovative solutions proposed by Fabio.Medea & University: Master thesis project of a Service Operation Vessel realized by Fabio Viparelli